Well, I have found what I believe is now my favorite recipe for great finger paint! Take approximately 1/4 cup elmer's glue (or other white glue) and add one packet Kool-Aid powder. Stir and voila! Finger paint!! It is cheap to make, the Kool-Aid makes such bright and vibrant colors, dries nice and shiny, and smells great! I did accidentally grab the "cheap brand" lemonade packet and if I had been going for pastel colors, the cheaper store brand would have worked great but I had to add quite a bit of yellow food coloring to make it as bright as the rest.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wonderful!! Does the KoolAid stain their fingers? I can't wait to try this :).
yes, it does stain just a bit. we did it in the middle of the afternoon and their fingers were back to normal by the next morning (so probably by the time they went to bed since i get there as they are waking up). for these pictures i encouraged them to use dots, which only requires one finger! :)
SO CUTE!!! I love the way you did the turkeys! I'll have to file that away for next year:)
Post a Comment