Tuesday, September 16, 2008

first official day of kindergarten

Monday was our first official day of homeschool kindergarten! It took us a while to get the curriculum, a new little table, and a new cabinet to store the schoolbooks in. Finally, yesterday, we were ready to get started. My oldest was very excited and couldn't wait. She kept eagerly asking what was next and was a little disappointed to remember that she was going to her homeschool co-op classes today. :)


One thing I LOVE about the Sonlight curriculum is all the wonderful books that comes with it! We read the first poem in our Mother Goose book yesterday, which was Little Bo-Peep. I had never read the entire poem before and we both laughed to learn that the sheep came home but without their tails! Later Little Bo-Peep found them hanging up to dry on a tree! :) Here she is drawing a picture of the poem.



Done with the tree and about to draw a fuzzy black tail hanging on it! Her sheep was black because you can't see white on the white paper....


The baby saw the camera and had to jump in with his typical "cheeese!"


My middle child and my baby did pretty well amusing themselves while I was working on school with the oldest. My middle child will officially join us in kindergarten when she decides she is done drinking milk out of a baby bottle. Hopefully that will be soon! I can't wait to have two kindergarteners! :)



In science, we learned about the rain cycle, which are the pieces she is cutting out in the picture. We also learned how rainbows are made and the correct order of the colors. A very good first day of kindergarten! :)


2 comments:

Our family said...

what a great first day of kindergarten! and i loved the pics of jonathan in your last post too. i would like to come to kiki's school:)

Anonymous said...

I had a Mother Goose book exactly like that when I was growing up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails