Today is my "almost nephew", Jonathan's second birthday. I cannot believe it has been two whole years since I was at the hospital waiting to hold my best friend's first baby! It is so much fun to watch him grow and change each time I get to see him. Shannon had his little party on Saturday. Can you guess the theme?? :}

Bouncing balls with Gram. He did this for hours. Literally. At least two!

When it was time to open presents, Jonathan had been having so much fun with all the balloons and balls that he didn't even want to open any presents! When Shannon asked if he was ready, he shook his head and said, "Ball!!" and held his hands out for Gram to throw another ball!

Auntie Catherine (Shannon's sister) gave him this very fun xylophone - an instrument he can actually play! I gave him a very chubby harmonica and recorder for Christmas and he hasn't quite gotten the idea of blowing into them - he just puts them up to his mouth and hums! :}

The yummy food! Sausage balls, spinach balls, a cheese ball, oreo balls, cupcake balls.... have you guessed the theme yet?? :)

I found the idea for the basket ball and the baseball in a cupcake book that I have. The tennis balls I saw online. I wasn't sure how to do a soccer ball but Catherine was the genius that figured that one out!

Thanks to Rebekah for the Oreo balls recipe again! They are so easy to make and always turn out soo yummy! :)

Auntie Catherine holds the cupcake with the lighted candle for Jonathan to blow. Evidentally, Jonathan thought this was pretty funny. :)









0 comments:
Post a Comment