Thursday, March 5, 2009

the swing

I realize that in these pictures my children are actually twisting in the swing rather than actually swinging...but the joy is the same! :) Swinging always reminds me of the poem my mom used to quote all the time...


How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?



Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!



Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,



Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside -




Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown -



Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!


Robert Louis Stevenson (1850–1894)
A Child’s Garden of Verses and Underwoods (1913)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures and verse would make an awesome scrapbook page!

skitkat19 said...

Yeah, actually, I'm watching for a good layout idea! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved reading those poems to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails