Well, week one of camp is over. For "big kid camp" it was a good but rough week...including a sprained ankle, several people getting heat exhaustion and a little dehydrated, a broken foot (!), and a midnight ambulance trip for a case of croup/asthma! Satan obviously does NOT like what we are doing at camp. There are obstacles every year, but for some reason, this week seemed to be the hardest yet. I guess we're heading in the right direction of he has to try that hard to thwart what we're doing! God is faithful, however, and has helped everyone through each situation with obvious protection and provision along the way.
For me, it was an easy week - just two boys during the day and a little sister in the evenings. I was afraid my boys would get bored being the only ones at the house with me, but this year they are WAY into legos and ran up to Evan's room every second they had the chance! We went a couple places since I only had two of them during the day...but I'll write more about that later. Here is just one picture for now from making play dough together...
It got a little messy.... :} But that's ok...that's what camp is for!
Now I am running errands and getting ready for my second week...when I will have 12 girls!! (Yes, say a prayer for me if you think of it...!) :) This week is my favorite though. It is when I am reminded every year that I really do want 12 kids...which I know is funny since it would make most people realize they only want a couple! :) I love the craziness of having bunches of kiddos in the house! It's my happy spot. :)
Ok, now off to get a few groceries and get home before Uncle Mike gets here! Yay!!
Sorry this post is kind of all over the place and not very well thought out...I only had a couple minutes to stop at Boarders for internet access. I will write a more thorough post when I get back home. And update my photo blog then too... :)
Have a happy week!




1 comments:
Glad to know that you have had a good week (despite all of the mishaps at the main camp!). You are our beautiful daughter--inside and out. We are so proud of you!
Post a Comment