Still catching up on our Easter activities. :) Have you seen the Rice Krispies commercial where the mom and kids are oh so happily making rice krispy treats for easter? Well, it was one of those "Duh! Why didn't I think of that?!" ideas and we decided to try it the Friday before Easter.
Step 1: Make the general recipe for rice krispy treats. Growing up, my mom always just went ahead and doubled the recipe because, well, YUM! :)
Step 2: Spray the inside of some plastic Easter eggs and squish a spoonful of krispies into the top and bottom of the egg, making a dent in the center of each with your thumb.
This is a great texture lesson - the smoothness of the cool, greased, plastic eggs contrasting with the rough stickiness of the warm rice krispy treats. :)
MH took this part very seriously. :)
Shannon and Jonathan also made these the same day, only theirs didn't rattle when they shook them. I'm not sure what the difference was...we seemed to make them the exact same way! Oh well. :)
I saw on another blog where they added dye to the marshmallows as they were melting to sort of make the eggs different colors...but that sounded like too much work and too many pots to wash since you would have to do a separate pot of marshmallows for each color... but as they were, these were easy and simple to make, and so fun!




1 comments:
How did I miss this!? Very cool!
Post a Comment