Saturday, May 21, 2011

snapshots

While my kids' parents went away for a week last week, I was on kid duty for 8 days. I decided to pretty much spoil my kids rotten while I had the chance and we packed in a bunch of fun during those 8 days! I ditched my "real" camera for the week and just used my cell phone...so here are most of the things we did via cell phone snapshots. (Thus the crappy quality of the pics...) :}


This is my absolute all-time favorite way to be woken up in the morning - with a snuggly kid crawling in bed to say good morning! :)





...or the inside of the car that was inside the garage was this hot...?









I was stuck in the middle of no where ish. I tried calling six cell phones and two house phones...and no body answered!! I had to laugh at the irony of all these convenient cell phones that weren't helping at all! Finally, Michael called back and thankfully we happen to have the same car insurance so he gave me the number to call for roadside assistance and then came and stayed with me and ended up taking me home. That is what a best friend is for...hanging out with you while you wait for your car to be towed...then waiting for said towed car to show up at the shop...and then taking me all the way home...2.5 hours out of a saturday just waiting with me. Thanks again, M!!





Lulu comes to play at our playground across the street and we often see her on Mondays...which is now excitedly referred to as "Lulu day!" :) My kids love her and think she is too cute (which she is...) and she loves them back! :)



Lulu's mommy, Marianne, did a fantastic job on her party!! I will definitely have to remember some of her ideas! :)







Ok so this was really the day we went to the library but A) I didn't take any pics there and B) this fountain pic was from the first day but I kinda forgot about it and now it would mess up my rainbow to go back and put it at the top! lol We love these fountains and had a blast...until this sweet dog came. She loved the fountains too and at first greatly amused the kids. However, she apparently drank too much water, threw up, and consequently got the water shut off for the next 4 hours! Thankfully we had already been there for an hour by that time and were ready to go anyways. :-p





Wow. Such a bad photo. Oh well. :)



Haha...there is more to this story that I won't tell here...

It was a very busy week but I enjoyed all of it! Definitely was not tired of being with my kiddos - but was just tired in general by the end! :) My goal was to wear them out and keep them so busy they wouldn't have time to miss mommy and daddy. I only heard LMG say she missed them the very first night - and at least once every single day Mr. Happy would say "This is the best day EVER!!!". Mission accomplished!

Now for a nice three day break over the weekend and then I'll be at it again!

1 comments:

Our family said...

I LOVE how you did this post!!! So cute and happy. I think next time we are together we totally need to have a rainbow party--that was so CUTE! Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails