Monday, June 27, 2011

summer fun

We've been keeping busy around here this summer. We have a list of things we want to do...kind of like a summer bucket list. I'll share that at some point. One of the things my kids wanted to add to the list was crafts. We do crafts that I plan and direct a lot...but I wanted my kids to know the fun of just creating completely on their own - no directions, no rules (ok, maybe one...no glitter glueing on the floor...only at the table! :), no right or wrong way to do things...just whatever their imagination can create! Thus I started...


...the scrapbox! In it I placed some left over craft items, old scrapbook papers, and a few things from the Dollar Tree.


My kids love being able to dive into the scrapbox any time they feel like creating something!


They know they are allowed to use anything in the box anytime they want and I have loved seeing their creativity come out and see the dozens of items they have come up with recently!


These are just a few of their creations! :)


Scrabble Jr. is one of our new favorite games. Then I found these letter cookies at the Dollar Tree that are just about the same size as the regular game pieces so we had to have a special game of Scrabble one day!


Of course followed by eating a few of the cookies.... :)


This is where we are a good part of the day!


:)


And this is where we are another good part of the day! LM Giggles looks scared here...she's totally just playin'! Lol


So goofy! :) And I love his little belly! These two are ridiculously TAN after being outside so much every day - even with multiple applications of sunscreen. Not fair! :}


He came running up the side of the slip'n'slide saying, "Look, Kiki! I'm David Hasselhoff!!" I said "What?! How do you know who THAT is?!"
"Spongebob."
Oh. Of course. I should have known. Ha.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails