I'm back. From spending two weeks at my favorite spot on earth. It is always a busy couple of weeks but I love being there in the country at camp. Every worry seems to fall away as you get off the exit and enter another world as you turn onto the gravel road that leads to Coldstream. Lauren has gone with me the past four years and it is our tradition now to play Lady Antebellum as we take that exit. The music just fits somehow. :)
We started the first week of camp with a small church service on Sunday morning, followed by a baptism down at the lake. Personally, I think we should start every year that way! Tom had accepted Christ at an earlier age but wanted to be baptized again. He has spent this summer working with Jon (in the green shirt) around camp and has his own blog. He is one of a group that comes from Indiana. They have been coming now for quite a few years to help out. During the first week, the girls are counselors and the guys help Jon around camp, then they switch for the second week. Tom and a couple of the others have become good friends of Lauren's in the past year.
This first week, I had four boys, ages 8, 8, 10, and 12. Plus a 3 year old. Plus Sophie for part of the time. Plus two little sisters who are too young for overnight camp but were at day camp during the day until about 4pm. However, no boys that age want to be stuck at the house with little kids and a grown up girl, so Jon came and grabbed them every day and let them go work with the Indiana guys, which they loved. And I'm glad they got to do it! Especially when one afternoon they came back to the house after working all day and I realized it was very quiet in Evan's room. With four boys, that doesn't happen very often! I about died when I opened the door and found this:
Tug doing Clayton's hair while Clayton sits and flips through a magazine?!?! I took a pic and text it to Michael down at camp saying "proof that they boys need to be with Jon this week!!" Ha! I promise I had NOTHING to do with this!!!
Evan (right) was also working on Jackson's hair but I didn't get that pic. I won't mention that they might have proceeded into the bathroom to try out the girls' curling iron/hair straighteners..... oh wait. :}
In the evenings, Jackson's older brother, Tyler, who I used to have with me but is also too old, would come up to hang out with the guys. One day he came in the house and went upstairs, I assumed to find the other boys. A few minutes later I realized all the boys were outside, not upstairs, but I didn't remember seeing Tyler come back down. I went up to investigate and found this:
Tyler, on the floor with both my evening girls, letting them climb all over him! Sheesh! Melt my heart! :) He was obviously loving every minute of it until I snuck back with my camera and he heard the 'click'. At that point he immediately sat up and told me he would do chores for me if I would delete the picture...and where was the kitten that had found it's way inside anyways? He needed to take it back outside....! (Sorry, Ty! No was was I deleting that picture!!) :}
This is a different K. She has been with me for several years now. Every time I saw the two K's playing, they were giggling, arm in arm, cuddling with the kittens kind of playing. I later discovered they also had a knock-down drag-out fight and didn't always get along so well!!
I had two friends come and visit during this week as well...one of whom has a 9 week old little girl. Pics of her coming next. :)




1 comments:
The picture of Tug doing Clayton's hair is absolutely hysterical. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about Benjamin going around with Nora's barrettes and bows in his hair anymore...:)
Post a Comment