I love spending Valentine's day with children. :) It makes it such a fun day! Not to mention all the decorations are two of my favorite colors -red and pink! Perfect. :) Here's a little bit of how our day went this week:
I started out by introducing Big Brother to something I used to do all the time with my kids - colored scrambled eggs! It's so stinkin' easy and just fun! With my kids, we started out by reading Green Eggs and Ham and of course did green eggs but since Valentine's day was this week, we went with pink eggs. Big Brother thought they were pretty cool and actually ate more of the pink eggs than last week when I gave him "regular" yellow ones! Ha!
Then while the baby was sleeping, we made a heart tree (found the idea on Pinterest of course :). Working with felt heart stickers was a good sensory experience and good for fine motor skills as well! Sometimes it's tricky to get that sticker from your fingers on to the paper! :)
Then Big Brother took a nap and Little Man woke up and played with me. We didn't do anything Valentine-ish...just practiced being cute. :)
Next was lunch time with a heart shaped sandwich. Plus other stuff of course. :)
That afternoon we made cupcakes (also found on Pinterest.) This recipe I just had to try! It called for one cake mix (I used the Funfetti one.) and one can of soda. That's it!! And it worked! The cupcakes were really moist. I used some strawberry Mountain Dew I think it was so that the cupcakes would be pink. It was an interesting experiment!
Finally, it was time for one of my favorite things I used to do with my girls when Mr. Happy was tiny and slept all the time...the sensory tub! With my girls, I used rice as the base, and I'm sure I'll do that later again too. For this day though, I made a Valentine theme of course. :) Fake rose petals for the base with all kinds of hearts, etc. mixed in. There were little white buckets that B.B. had a blast filling with the rose petals. There were small foam hearts, little plastic heart boxes, plastic red and purple turtles (yeah, that was random, but there was a pack of them as I was wandering through the $ Tree so I figured why not!), and...
Funny straws that whistled when you blew through them! There are so many ideas out there for sensory tubs and I can't wait to create some new ones for different months...I already have several ideas...and you know there will be a green one for St. Patrick's Day! :) And they are great to pull out on rainy days when you are stuck inside all day! Anyways, go check....you got it!...Pinterest! for more ideas! :)
Happy Valentine's Day! :)
Hmm...am I addicted to exclamation points?? :}












0 comments:
Post a Comment