A couple weeks ago I got to once again pick up my kids from school and once again Mr. Happy ran and jumped into my arms and wrapped his arms around my neck, hugged me tight, and said "this must be a dream!!" :)
Little Miss Giggles had turned 8 just a week or so before so we went to Target and I let her pick out a birthday outfit (it's a tradition that I always get my kids a birthday outfit), then we ran to Starbucks for the treat of a birthday cake pop (the pink one in the pic below) and took it to a nearby park.
Love these two! :}
Silly boy. :)
I let Little Miss Sunshine and Mr. Happy pick out one item each from the dollar section of Target. Mr. Happy was thrilled to get a little bag of army men and set them all up at our little table.
Then I let LMG open her bday present - a whole bunch of Polly Pocket stuff! She loooved it, just like I knew she would! :) All three played around and explored it for a few minutes before we headed off to do a mini bday photo shoot of LMG and play on the playground. And yes, even Mr. Happy joined in the fun with the Polly Pockets. Have you ever noticed how no one cares if little girls play with boy toys...but a lot of people get upset if boys play with little girls toys?? But when you have two big sisters, you want to be part of the fun, especially when there's a new toy around! Besides, those of you with both boys and girls know that if you sit back and watch your little boy play with a girl toy for a minute, they play with them so very differently! As my two girls played with the Polly Pockets, they found perfect little outfits for them, found a car or bike or something to ride on, pretended they were shopping at the mall, etc. Mr. Happy, on the other hand, grabbed a doll and immediately started figuring out a way to place them in those holes you see on the table and then catapult them by smacking them from under the table to see how far he could blast them! Lol, girl toy or not, he is still ALL BOY! :)
Such a handsome dude. :)
I love that his belly is peeking out lol.
And that is a pirate tattoo on his arm. Or what's left of it. :}
He saw another little boy climbing on top and of course had to try it for himself.
And just for a fun little flashback....
LMG on her second birthday...which I could swear was just a couple months ago...!
(click on this picture to go to my photography blog to see her mini bday photo shoot)
Little Miss Giggles you are so fun and spunky. I'm so glad that you are loving school and having new friends. I love that you still ask me to play "God songs" when you're with me in the car. I pray that you will never forget how amazing God is and how much He loves you. I pray for you every day - that He will whisper His love to your heart and call you to Himself. I miss seeing your happy smile every day and love the times we get to spend together!
I love you sweet girl!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a little late...) LITTLE MISS GIGGLES!
I love you sweet girl!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a little late...) LITTLE MISS GIGGLES!





0 comments:
Post a Comment