Thursday, October 11, 2012

one more puzzle piece

Back in February, I wrote a post here about finding a piece to the puzzle of my life after leaving my kids in my Mon/Tues part time nanny job.  Since then I have continued to search for another part time job but just wasn't finding anything that seemed right.  But I was continuing to trust that God's timing is perfect even if I don't understand at the time.  And sure enough, there was a reason it was taking so long...evidently I was waiting on a baby to be born!  :)

I was contacted by Kristy, the owner of the nanny agency Sweet Peas here in town.  She was so kind and easy to talk to - she used to be a nanny herself which was awesome because no one fully understands or "gets" all the ins and outs of a nanny job unless you've been one.  :)  She connected me to a family who had just had a baby boy and was looking for a part time nanny.  Amazingly (although I shouldn't be surprised because of course He already had the details worked out!), all the scheduling details worked out perfectly - I am working for them on Wed/Thurs and although my four days of working are long - 11ish hours M/T, 10 hours W/T - I do have a three day weekend!

My new little guy is a sweetheart, is on a great three hour schedule - awake for one, sleeps for two, loves to hang out on his changing table and look at the light and the dark ceiling fan against the white ceiling, and loves to smile and "talk" to me.  :) 

Wanna meet him?  Of course you do.  :)







I was wondering how long it would take me to come up with the right nick name for him since it took forever with my kids and quite a while with the boys...and then I was standing next to him while he talked and kicked on his changing table...
(cell phone pic...thus the smaller size)

...when I realized that he holds his hands like this a lot and it reminded me of someone and right then I knew what his nickname for my blog would be...


Welcome to my blog, Superman.

:)


(yes, that is a horrible drawn version of a superman tshirt...lol, hey, i tried! ha!)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails