Sunday, May 19, 2013

catching up...kid-wise

Yes...I know...I'm behind...again....  :}  The last few weeks have been a little crazy with working, moving, weddings, etc.  Here is what I've been up to nanny-wise...  :)


I loove being outside in the spring when the weather is perfect!  The boys and I will walk towards the playground down the street and stop at this big grassy area with picnic tables and they will just run and explore and pick up leaves to bring to me and basically have a blast.  Then we head to the playground...if we haven't run out of time.  :)



Mommy got us a treat - Trix cereal - to use for some color sorting play!  A most delicious way to learn your colors...  :}  

When in doubt about which toy Superman wants to play with...I just stick him in with all of them! lol  Mostly cuz I think he looks super cute sitting there in the toy basket...  :} 


Mommy and Daddy get a Little Gym collage like this every Thursday.  :)  We love Little Gym! 


I just liked this one a lot.  :) 


Yay for outside playtime!! 

The table was being used as a drum here... 


Aww.


Ok so these are a little fuzzy...but it's hard to shoot a moving target! lol  Superman has learned to pull up on everything and is cruising along the couch or whatever he pulls up on.





Big Brother was soo proud of himself for being able to climb up this ladder all by himself!  Now Little Man thinks he should be able to do it too...  another year or so Little Man...be patient....  :} 


 Just to clarify...Superman isn't quite this dependent on his paci, however I always clip it to him at Little Gym because otherwise he of course tries to taste everything and while I may not be a complete germaphobe...eww.  :}

He does, however, like his paci a lot.  I call him a "paci connoisseur"...he has tried just about every paci brand out there and approves of pretty much all of them! ha.   

A "real" cell phone to play with and a truck picking up branches to watch out the window makes for a pretty great morning when you're two.  :) 


So.  Superman has officially reached the developmental stage of "object permanence"! He knows you're still there when you disappear into another room even for just a split second and does NOT like it! But I refuse to pick him up every single time so he is learning to quickly follow me (I know he does that for mommy too) to the other room and as long as he can see me, he's a happy guy again.  :)
(Don't worry...those tears only lasted a couple seconds.)  :)

See?  Happy baby again! :)


New swing! 


Haha! I love the pic in the top left corner!  And the one in the bottom left corner - we had three or four babies at the start of that little object course and I didn't know if Superman would crawl over those gaps or not, but as you can see, he was the first baby to go for it and didn't stop until he was at the end!  


Mommy text me this picture on Mother's Day.  Oh my stars how cute is that outfit?! 


Sensory play:  a cup of split peas in the empty water table = 45 minutes of busy playtime!

So see? Even when I'm not posting...I'm still busy behind the scenes!  :)  More coming...

1 comments:

2beaglemama said...

The vtech learning walker pic made me immediately start singing "welcome to our learning farm, we have lots..." I'm sure you can finish that for yourself. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails