Once every two or three weeks, the kids and I make a trip to the library. I remember loving our frequent trips to the library even throughout highschool. I used to read constantly! I still read quite a bit but not nearly as much as then. I had a paper route for several years and one day realized that I knew the specific path I always took from house to house (cutting through yards of the people I knew didn't care...walking down and up the driveways of the ones that did, etc.) that I could take a book and read while I walked. One neighbor happened to be outside one day and commented that he was always afraid that I would run into his mailbox - not that I would hurt it, but that it would hurt me! :) I always saw it out of the corner of my eye. I was rarely bored as long as I had a good book around.
So anyways, I want my kids to learn to love books as much as I did and so we read books all the time and always look forward to our trips to get new ones. I decided to take my camera today and capture a little of our outting as it usually happens. Of course, two main things were missing today. :-p The main children's librarian was not there today but is usually dressed up as something crazy and wonderful, including facepaint, feathers in her hair, sparkly clothes, or whatever the theme of the day might be. In the circle room that you'll see in the pics, there is usually a GIANT stuffed animal - sometimes a huuge long "bookworm" (snake) or sometimes a giant floppy moose to cuddle up next to. Anyways, I'll explain the pictures as we go... This is the open entrance from the main library into the children's library, which is very nice except when the baby likes to talk loudly! You can see the yellow circle room in the middle. In the far back right corner is the "reading pond" and out of the picture on the right are the shelves you will see my oldest choosing books from in a minute.
Here is the "reading pond" with "lily pads" to sprawl on with a good book! This is also where story time happens, although we don't usually arrive in time for it.
Monday, April 28, 2008
library day!
I love going to the library with my kids and I love snuggling on the couch reading to them afterwards. It helps the day go by quickly and begins a new good habit for them! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment