I love days that leave you feeling like life is wonderful and appreciating the fun of living close to family and friends. Sunday was one of those days. After church in the morning, followed by a quick trip to Starbucks, Michael and I picked up a birthday cake and headed to Mom and Dad's house for lunch. Sunday was Mom's actual 60th birthday and Daniel and I had saved our presents for her to open then instead of at her surprise party a couple weeks ago.
The cake was a sweet cream ice cream cake with strawberries from the Marble Slab. Yum!! But since their ice cream cakes are mostly...ice cream...it was rather difficult to cut! Had to have the help of some strong guy...! :)
I sent Daniel into the pantry to find the candles. These are the ones he chose... :} and actually put on mom's piece of cake.
"100?! How about we just leave off one of the zeros!"
Ha! It is a well-known fact in our family that mom, um, likes to take her time making decisions. The card I found for her fit her perfectly! It had two pictures and one said "Reality TV: 'Well, it's the end of the weekend and we've completely finished redoing the house!'" The second picture said, "Reality: 'Well, it's the end of the weekend and we've narrowed it down to only 37 paint chips!" Yup! That's my mother!
Modeling the sarong I gave her for her upcoming trip to the beach in August.





0 comments:
Post a Comment