Thursday, June 26, 2008

water babies

Our favorite activity these days is swimming in the pool in our back yard. Every time we look out the window, the sparkling blue water is twinkling at us in the sun, tempting us to head outside for another swim session. Here are a bunch of pictures from one day last week. (I realize I tend to put more pictures on my blog than my other friends...hope you don't mind them all!) :)


My oldest had swimmer's ear last week and wasn't allowed in the pool. Finally, on this particular day, her ear seemed on the mend, although not completely better, so I allowed her to hang out on the steps and instructed her to be careful not to get water in her ears. She did just as she was told and was perfectly happy just to be back in the water again. :) She is my sweetie!

This is my middle child, trying out our new goggles and flippers.

Getting ready to jump...


jumping...



almost in the water....


SPLASH!!!


Ok, here come a bazillion pics of the baby! I know most of the time the baby of the family gets little or no pictures taken...but in this case, he is sort of my first baby...so he is definitely not lacking in the picture department! :)


The first couple times in the pool, he fussed the whole time and just wanted to be held out of the water. Now he's over that and LOVES going in the pool! He swims all around and loves to jump in and spin in circles.


In the middle of a spin.


He also loves going down the slide...


and doesn't even care when he goes all the way under!


"Ha ha! My hair didn't even get wet!"


"Kick, baby, kick!"


Swimming is great all around - the kids love it, I love it, and Mommy and Daddy love it because it makes for three very sleepy children come bedtime! :)

1 comments:

Our family said...

I LOVE the picture of the middle child in all the swim gear! That is SO rehearsal dinner material! They are all so adorable (and I can't believe how much the baby has changed even since we saw y'all in the winter!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails