Since this year's Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday, we made Friday our day to celebrate. I had seen on the show Jon and Kate Plus 8 how last year Jon and Kate did a little scavenger hunt for their kids on Valentine's Day and I thought it looked like fun so we did our own scavenger hunt. Lauren was here and helped guide the hunt while I stayed in the kitchen to get everything set up for the "treasure."
Aaand they're off! Reading the first clue that said "choo - choo!" and lead them to...
the train set in the living room! And I must explain that yes, that is the Christmas tree you see in the background. Last year after Christmas Daddy fell and broke his foot and wasn't able to take the Christmas tree down so Mommy turned it into a Valentine's Day tree. This year my oldest kept talking about how excited she was to have the V-Day tree again...so there it is! :)
BFFs! :} The clues took them all over the house - upstairs and downstairs...just not in the kitchen!
Not sure how excited she's supposed to be that the last clue says "Wash your hands. It's time to eat!" But when she came downstairs and saw the table, she was not dissappointed!
A Valentine's lunch with a treasure box each (from the $ Tree) and a few little treasures inside (also from the $ Tree...and no! those boxes were most definitely NOT full! But they were cute - the baby's is a gumball machine-looking box and the girls' are castles.)
As much red, pink, or hearts as I could think of - heart shaped sandwhiches (nutella and strawberry jam since peanut butter has been recalled lately! Definitely a great V-Day treat!), heart shaped cheese and kiwi fruit, craisins cuz they're red, strawberries, two little heart-shaped marshmallows and pink milk to drink.
After that it was off to play outside in the beautiful weather!! I think it was definitely a good Valentine's Day celebration.




1 comments:
love,love,love your valentine's day ideas! you are the best nanny EVER!!!
Post a Comment