Monday, February 2, 2009

steady

It is snowing today and even I got a day off of work! I LOVE snow and wish we got it more often! Yes, I know, I know...people who live up north and have it all the time wish they didn't. But I am not one of those people! :) I love the comfy cozy feeling of looking out and seeing a white world around me - all the while being snuggled up on the couch with a warm cup of hot chocolate and one of my two favorite snowy day movies - Anne of Green Gables or The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!

As I walked back up the stairs to my house today, I paused yet again to admire the view from my deck. When I reach the top of the stairs or as I look out the sliding glass door that goes from my living room onto my deck, there is a tree that is the first thing that greets my eyes. I am realizing that it has come be my little (or not so little!) friend, standing watch throughout the year. The seasons change around it but it stands steadily at its post at the edge of the river...


Summer 2008



Fall 2008



And today - Winter 2009

Some days this tree catches my eye as the sun bounces off its leaves or the fog envelopes it or the snow frosts it and the beauty of the tree and the scene surrounding it makes me thankful to live where I do. My little tree friend is a gift and a reminder of it's Creator - the One who is also steady and never changes. :)

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17 NIV


1 comments:

Our family said...

I love this post:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails