Saturday morning, I woke up to the sounds of Jonathan's sweet little voice talking out in the living room. I lay there for a while just listening to him before getting up myself. After breakfast and getting ready, we headed to the car.
Jonathan always had someone to chat with in the car. Every time he saw my camera he would take his passy out of his mouth to say "cheese!!"
We headed up to Melbourne Beach, which is where Michael's grandmom's house is. Along the way, we started seeing some interesting mailboxes. So of course I had to take pictures...!
Seahorse
Sea turtle coming out of it's egg.
Dolphin.
Pellican. (It's a little hard sometimes to take a picture in a moving car...!)
Once up at Melbourne, we stopped in a shell shop that has been a traditional stop for Michael's family since he was a child. While Jonathan didn't appreciate being taken in a store completely filled with "no no's", I enjoyed looking around and even found the same kind of souvenir that Michael had once brought back for me - about 20 years ago! :)
After that it was off to an early lunch at the New England Eatery, a restaraunt Michael wanted to take us to. It had great food and a really cool atmosphere. There was a "regular" inside part to it but we chose to sit in the semi-outdoor section, which was a lot of fun. Kept with the feeling of being on vacation at the beach!
Upon sitting down at the table, Dave immediately realized there was a tv turned to a sports channel directly behind me and in his perfect line of viewing....! :}
Jonathan enjoyed getting to drink out of a "big kid cup". It went better than it did later that night...which you'll see a little later.... :)
Michael thought this ginormous fishing lure was incredibly awesome and would have gladly taken it home with him!
This is Michael (in the orange UT hat...) attempting to take a picture of the bar by holding the camera over his head. Instead he managed to get a perfectly centered picture of the couple sitting at the table behind us! Ha! He considered offering to send them a copy of it for a mere $50! Lol.
After a delicious lunch, we headed over to Grandmom's house (she was up here and was coming down this week, so her house was empty when we were there...and also had no AC...yikes.) While Jonathan took a nap, we cooled off in the pool in the backyard. Evidently this duck had decided the pool was its own private lake but moved away when we took over.
Getting to see grandmom's house was neat for me because I have grown up my whole life hearing about it and seeing pictures of it. It was fun to walk in and have a lot of it be pretty close to the way I have it pictured in my head. :)
After Jonathan woke up, we headed over to the private beach just across from Grandmom's neighborhood. Michael had told us all morning, "The great thing about this beach is that it's a private beach so that NO ONE is EVER there!" .........
HA! We walked over the bridge to the stairs that led down to the beach and this is what we saw! There was an entire party going on - with tents, bar-b-que, and lots of people! Michael said in the 30 years he's been going here he had never seen it like this. It was really fine though because pretty much all the people were in that clump right there so we just walked further down the beach to our own quiet spot.
The only proof that I was actually there this weekend! :-p I would like to go on record as saying that even though I don't usually like being IN pictures, I DID suggest several times that we get someone to take a group picture of all of us - but no one would ever do it! :-p
With shoulders that felt like they were a bit fried, we stopped back by Grandmom's to dunk in the pool and get a bit of the sand off us and change clothes, then it was back in the car to head back towards the house we were staying at. Here are a few more of the mailboxes we saw... a seashell.
A flamingo.
We discussed the idea of cooking dinner again that night and it sounded like a rather tiring idea to all of us, so we ended up going to Mulligan's, a restaraunt that Dave had wanted to take us to anyways. The food was great and we all agreed it was an excellent choice. The restaurant itself was pretty warm inside and I was kinda sweaty by the time we left, although everyone agreed it might have had something to do with my sunburn..... :} (Which actually turned out to not be that bad - and I did use sunblock...and still got burned a bit.)
Next he tried a fork. It worked a little bit better...until he found a much more fun way to do things.
Again Saturday night we played a GREAT game called Bolivia. It was girls against guys...and the girls won!! Wahoo! :) I think the sun had gotten to us a bit by the end of the day though because we kept saying things that weren't all that funny and yet we cracked up until we couldn't breathe and had tears running down our cheeks! It was a great evening!
Mostly for the four of us, here are the quotes from the evening:
S: It changed the whole outlook of the game - like a butterfly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
M: Oh, I'm just talking out loud.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D: I hurt my shoulder. Would you like to know why my shoulder hurts? Because I hit my head!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Dave hit his head, which hurt his shoulder, which made Kathryn's forehead hurt - and THAT'S called a fuzzy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
M: Do you have 7's?
D: Yes, yes I do.
K: I have 7's, how about you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whew! That was a long post! One more to go! :)




1 comments:
what a FUN trip!!! i'm loving all the different mailboxes:)
Post a Comment