Thursday, June 25, 2009

beach trip, day 3

Sunday morning, it was back in the car for yet another road trip!


Jonathan just chilled after being plopped back in his car seat...yet again. :)


While Michael insisted that on our 2 hour drive he saw an armadillo, an aligator, and a heard of pigs off on the side of the road. Do you see any of those? Yeah, that's what I thought. None of the rest of us saw any of them either.... :}

Our plan for the day, since I was flying out of Orlando later that afternoon, was to check out Downtown Disney - a taste of Disney without the crazy price of a ticket!


Our first stop was for an early lunch (the early meal thing works great when on vacation - less crowded that way!) at Captain Jack's. Shannon and Jonathan wait patiently for their food. :)


Next, Jonathan got to have his first ride on a carousel. He wasn't quite sure what to think, but finally we got a smile out of him.


The boys wanted to go in this store next. It's an "interactive" store and the first thing you see upon entering is a huge station with all kinds of Mr. Potato Head parts where you can create your own potato head. Very cool! :)

We tried to hop from store to store fairly quickly due to the fact that it was approximately 500 degrees outside! Ok...maybe not quite that hot...but it was HOT! After leaving the toy store, Jonathan found a perfect spot.


The water fountains! Splashing up from Mickey Mouse shaped holes in the ground, the water followed various patterns around the large Mickey Mouse head on the ground. Jonathan had a hard time "catching" the water at first, but still thought it was great fun.


Determined to catch that water!



Caught it!! Or, rather, the water caught him! :)



So much fun! And at least one of us was cooler now. Actually the water itself was not cold at all (kind of like the rest of the water in FL!), but I think it cooled him off as he walked around in wet clothes after that.

Next, it was on to Lego Land!


A Lego sea monster!

Michael, the geography and history teacher, thought these window decorations were especially cool and grabbed my camera to take a few pics:


London



Syndey, Austraila



Russia. I liked this one the best. :)



France



Lego play place!

We saved a visit to the Ghirardelli Chocolate Soda Shop for the end. It was very yummy, although our ice cream was
more like soup in about two minutes after finding a table in the shade outside!

(Ok, I don't know why the font in this section is so much bigger than the rest! I've tried to fix it but
sometimes you just can't argue with blogger! :-p )



Jonathan in his Mickey Mouse hat Aunt Kiki bought for him. :)

It was a quick trip, and I was sad to leave, but I was so thankful to get to go! I had a blast and who knows? Maybe we'll all get to go again sometime!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails