Thursday, June 11, 2009

three little fish


While I love fall because of it's beautiful colors and crisp, cool weather, and I love spring with all the flowers and birds, etc., I love summer because we get to swim in the pool! This week we have been in the pool for several hours each afternoon because we're still finishing up some school since we didn't start until the middle of September. Next week, we will probably be in the pool in the morning and afternoon! This morning I knew a storm was definitely on it's way but the sun came out for a couple hours so we decided to move school to the afternoon (one of the joys of homeschooling!) and headed out to the pool for a couple hours.


My baby loves the water and is not afraid to jump in.




JUUUUMMMP!!!




aaand SPLAASH! He's not even afraid to be dunked under the water when he jumps. :)



This little cutie, with her hair done up like a "big girl", we think has gotten swimmer's ear. Her older sister had it last summer and couldn't get in the pool for a while. So, just like her, my middle child happily sat on the stairs and got a little wet, making sure not to get her head wet. She was just glad to be allowed to be in the water even just a little.




Even though the water was a little bit cold at first!





My kids are all very huggy children. :) And my oldest is very into these goggles from last summer this year.



Since this one couldn't play in the water with her, my oldest had fun swimming under the water with her goggles and tickling her sisters toes, which made her squeal and giggle and scoot up and out of the water really fast! :)




This pic is a bit fuzzy...oops...but still cute.... :)



Just hangin' out.



Towards the end of our swim time, my baby climed out of the pool and went and sat down in these shrubs. I asked him why he was sitting there and he said, "Because it's warm!" He did have a point...they were directly in the sun...! I guess that's one way to dry off! :)




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails