Thursday, August 20, 2009

it's a...

Most of you who read my blog know by now who Lauren is and that we have sort of adopted eachother as big/little sister. Well, Lauren and her family are adopting (for real :) a baby that will be born in December! :) They are very excited about this new addition and can't wait to bring the baby home. Lauren's mom, Catrina, takes the birthmom to her doctors appointments and today was The Big Day - when they got to find out if the baby is a girl or a boy! Catrina and Reegan thought it would be a girl while Lauren, Josh, and Steve thought it would be a boy.

I picked Lauren up from her homeschool co-op classes and we hung out for the afternoon (more about that in the next post) and waited for time to meet her family and close friends at Outback for the big reveal. We asked my good friend, Leah, who makes beautiful cakes, to make a cake for us for the occasion. The plan was that Leah would make two cakes - one pink on the inside and one blue on the inside. Catrina called Leah as soon as she found out the news and Leah had the right cake ready when lauren and I got there to pick it up. No one - not me, not Lauren, not even Lauren's dad - knew what the color inside the cake was going to be until Catrina cut into it tonight! :) It was a lot of fun to find out this way - we kind of stole the idea from the TLC show "18 Kids and Counting".... :) So, without further ado.........




Lauren and the very cute teddybear cake that Leah made. :)



Reegan, Lauren, and Josh closing their eyes as Catrina cuts the cake...



It's a....... (drum roll please...!)




boy!!!!!

I know...Josh looks beyond thrilled! Heehee! He really is excited about it - he's just too cool to show it here.... :} Lauren is WAY excited and will make the best in-house babysitter/big sister ever!

I am so excited for them and am loving watching them go through this process. I will continue to pray that God will direct this whole thing to His glory and that in December, Baby Boy Beck (no name just yet :) will come home safe and sound! I can't wait to meet him! :)

2 comments:

Our family said...

Hooray! What an adorable idea and an amazing cake!!! So excited for them and I love LOVE to hear about adoptions happening.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had to check this morning cause the computer was dead!:( i couldn't sleep i was so excited!!!!! when boys are 1 0r 2 are troublesome and adorable (and like to break things!):)
emily

Related Posts with Thumbnails