Monday, August 24, 2009

remember.

This picture is from earlier this summer. We were at the playground with an abundance of dandylions to blow. :)


Just a story I want to remember.

A couple weeks ago, we were upstairs playing in the girls room and I was sprawled on the bed once again being served many fantastic new recipes from the girls' pretend kitchen. My baby climbed onto the bed...and then onto me and pressed his face up against mine and nuzzled my cheek. I thought he was going to give me a kiss but he didn't. Just kept nuzzling my cheek..temple...cheek.

"What're you doing, silly??"
(Deep breath in and a little sigh...) "Just smelling." :)

(Eyebrows raised, laughing a little...) "Smelling?? Well, what do I smell like?"
(Another deep breath.) "Cheeeeese!!"

In a little boy's world, smelling like cheese is a compliment.

I hope.

:)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails