**Disclaimer: My camera is having issues...so I borrowed Wendy's camera for these pictures...so if they're not quite as clear as usual it's because I was using an unfamiliar camera...
Have you ever read a Fancy Nancy book? If you have a little boy or happen to have no more small children in your house...let me introduce you to her.
This is Fancy Nancy. She likes fancy things - clothes, people, animals, and words! She is her own self all the time with no fear of what other people might think. She is fun, happy, and pretty cute and reminds me of a few little girls i know...! :)
She always dresses just however she likes - whatever makes her feel "fancy".
My girls love these books and a couple weeks ago late in the afternoon of a rainy day we were reading this particular story and my middle child commented on her beautiful outfit. :) I had a spur of the moment idea and asked my girls how they would like it if we declared the next day "Fancy Nancy Day"? They (of course!) loved the idea and it was settled.
The next morning after breakfast, we headed up to their room to find their "Fancy Nancy" clothes. I told them they could choose absolutely whatever they wanted to wear that made them feel fancy! The only rule was that they had to wear a long sleeved shirt underneath since it was fairly cold that day, but that they could choose that as well.
Later after getting some school done, I did their hair all fancy too.
So, here are my two "Fancy Nancy's"!
Love this pic! Haha! I did not tell her how to stand - this was the pose she wanted.
And while it looks like her outfit actually matches fairly well, I did NOT pick out ANY of it! She went through every single one of her shirts and narrowed them down into "no" piles and "maybe" piles before finally choosing this one! She and her sister both knew they wanted their pink fluffy skirts to begin with.

My baby said he wanted to be in a picture...and then covered his eyes and giggled at the last second. :} Then he wanted a picture on the "stripey background". This is as still as he would stand...... :}






1 comments:
I LOVE it!!! I don't know fancy nancy but I am most certainly looking her up in the library next time we are there. What a fun idea! I am filing this away for our next cold, rainy day.
Post a Comment