Just a little Dr. Seuss quote for you today. :)
I don't remember how, but I have come across a couple really neat blogs by moms who love to do their daughters' hair and while they're at it, take pics and provide info on just how they accomplished it. While I am not quite passionate enough about hair to devote an entire blog to it, nor do I have enough creativity in that area to think of so many cool ideas (thus the D.S. quote...) I do enjoy doing my girls' hair so I have been experimenting a little bit this week. I have one girlie with long hair and one with short so I've been able to try different things on each girl.
"Messy piggies"
"Smocking"
This works especially well to keep her hair off her face while we're trying to grow her bangs out! I also did a different version of this the other day, but forgot to take a picture. I'll have to remember next time I do it.
We went outside so they could run and get some energy out, but they brought out the Etch-a-Sketch and a science book from last year and couldn't put them down! I told them to go run! and move! and my oldest, not even looking up from her book for a second, took of running...while still reading! Then she just stood there twirling around in circles...still reading! Ha! Oh well. I'm glad she is learning to love books so much!
Both my girls have beautiful, very straight hair, so today I decided to try a curly pigtail on my oldest. She squealed with delight when she saw the first ringlet! By the time we got outside this afternoon, some of the curls weren't quite as tight, but you get the idea. :)
This girlie slept in her smocked hair last night and wore it most of the day today.
On a side note, she told me this morning that she had a bad dream last night and woke up crying from it. I asked her what she had dreamed that had made her so sad and she said, "You were moving - to the beach! - and were never coming back!" :( Aww!! :}
Anyways, I took her hair out and it was a little bit scronchy (which is my new favorite word from a game of Balderdash last weekend...! lol) and I was trying to comb it down into some semblance of order. I tried flipping it this way and that and parting it in a couple different places and finally, she looked at me and said in all seriousness, "Kiki. Just put down the comb. It's hopeless!" Haha! I love her and I love how she makes me laugh! :) Oh, and the picture above is how I left her hair for the rest of the day - still a bit crazy, but at least out of her eyes... :)
And those are my thoughts on hair for the week. :)
Here are the links to a couple of the really cool hair blogs I've found:




0 comments:
Post a Comment