Wednesday, November 4, 2009

halloween recap 3...the last one! :)

The Friday night a week before Halloween I took the kids to Boo at the Zoo. Usually mommy and daddy are out of town this weekend so it has become our tradition to bring Lauren with us and meet Shannon, Dave, and Jonathan there. This year we still went even though mommy and daddy were home. We also took Lauren's sister Reegan with us.


He does have a costume...but it was really warm that evening so we didn't put it on until we got to the zoo. He wore space pjs underneath his costume, which Lauren realized were perfect for matching his costume. He loves his Lala! :)


We had Belle, a hippie, Cinderella, Buzz Lightyear, and a pirate!



And a WAY CUTE doctor! ;)


I love Boo at the Zoo because you simply walk along the path and every so often there are booths like this. You walk by and they put candy in your bag. Can't beat that!

I love this next pic...


This little cutie of a Nemo belonged to some friends of Dave who we ran into on our way through the zoo. She evidently thought my Belle was simply wonderful and wanted to hold her hand while she walked. :)



Dave's mom was ever so sweet and paid for all the kiddos to ride the merry-go-round. Buzz loved it but was glad to have Lala beside him (although you can't see her in this pic). My almost-nephew in the middle pic decided the whole thing was just a bit to overwhelming and did not ride...oh well, maybe next year! :)



The big girls rode too and patiently waited and extra round so they could find three animals right next to each other - with Reegan in the middle of course. :) Can you tell from this second picture what was different about the merry-go-round that night?? Pay attention to the light and how it's whizzing by....

Do you see?

Just for Halloween, they made the merry-go-round go backwards!

I thought this was a fun idea and was happy my kiddos got the chance to ride...until juust before the girls' turn started when I remembered that my Belle gets carsick rather easily!! Gulp! I said a quick prayer that she would be able to enjoy the ride and wouldn't get sick. Thankfully she had a blast and said her tummy just felt a tiny bit funny.... Whew! :}




Aaand that concludes this year's Halloween! We had a lot of fun doing so many different activities...and now we're headed right into the holiday season so I'm sure there will be many more fun activities to come!

I have more to write about...but that will have to wait for another night... :)

1 comments:

Our family said...

so fun! i want to learn how to do the cool things that you have been doing with your pictures on your blog...you are so good at photography!

Related Posts with Thumbnails