Sunday, November 8, 2009

introducing...


I have a new website to tell you about! It isn't quite up and running yet, but you're going to want to check it out when it is! It is called London-Jack.com. It will be an online store offering "Cool Clothes for Cool Kids". The goal is to provide unique clothing and accessory items for children from smaller manufacturers across the country that might not be so well known. Items that you wouldn't be able to just pick up at Target or the mall.

London-Jack is being started by Paul and Ginger Cookson, who are friends of and go to church with my friend Rebekah. I asked Rebekah to describe them and she said they are "really sweet and very caring. They are great business minded people, extremely creative and always willing to help other people."

Ginger and I have been emailing back and forth a bit and I've enjoyed getting to know her just a little. I asked her how they decided on the name London-Jack and this is an excerpt from what she told me (Hope you don't mind me sharing this, Ginger!):

"As far as the name goes, Paul was thinking of names for a possible T-shirt company and came up with it. I told him to see if there was anything online with that name, but there wasn't. He bought the domain name this summer but didn't do anything with it. Then one day, we talked to a friend of ours [about his former internet business]. It was almost like someone (the holy spirit ;)) grabbed my shoulders and got in my face and said, "You need to do this!" .... A few months later and here we are :) .... I really feel like it is what God wants us to do. Not sure where it will go, but I'm excited to find out!"

I love that Ginger and Paul are a sister and brother in Christ. I am excited to see what different items they will have on their site when it's open! I have set up a countdown clock on the right of my page - the grand opening is on December 5th, so be sure to check it out! You might even see an item you recognize....! ;) But more about that later.

In the meantime, here is the link to their website: http://www.london-jack.com . And here is the link to their London-Jack blog for more information: http://london-jack.blogspot.com/ Or you can even find their page on Facebook and become their friend/fan! Just type in London-Jack... or check my page to find them.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails