Thursday, April 15, 2010

names

To keep a little bit of privacy here on my blog, I don't usually put the names of my kiddos. I have wanted and needed to come up with names for them that are better, more descriptive, more fun and creative than "my oldest", "my middle child", and "my baby/toddler". BORING!! I love my friend, Mrs. T.'s nick names for her kiddos - Einstein, Peace, Love, Spunky, and Thunderbolt! But I just could never come up with the right names for my kids.

Until I recently took some of my toddler's clothes over to Leah. I ran across one that used to be one of our favorites - first of all, it was so soft and comfy - the perfect shirt to snuggle up in when a random summer bug hit. My toddler called it his "happy shirt" ...because it had Mr. Happy from the Mr. Men Show on it. Did you ever read those little books?? There are so many of those characters, it just hit me last night that there are three of them (ok, so really there were many more and Wendy, if you go here and scroll down through the list, you'll know which other ones I could have picked for which child...! lol) that could easily fit my three children! So...for all future reference to my three, here are their nicknames!







What do you think?

6 comments:

Heather said...

vary nice, and good work on the blog face lift. Would love to see you soon.

skitkat19 said...

thanks, heather :) yes, it has been a while since we've seen you! do you do school throughout the summer or not? i know you are incredibly busy but if you're off this summer, maybe we can get together one day with my kiddos. :)

Our family said...

I LOVE the names! Just perfect:)

Anonymous said...

cute! they are just right!
Cassie

Jodi said...

I loved those books when I was little!

Anonymous said...

Great Names!

Related Posts with Thumbnails