"Jon, I love you & you will always be missed especially at this time in my life. You ultimately pursuaded me to keep my son regardless of what the doctors said. & now the doctors think I'll be fine. Because of you, I get to have even more joy in my life in a couple of months. Because of you I am a happy person. You are the best and I know your chillen with jenz right now until he comes & I'm really jealous ♥"
Many of my friends and family are grieving the loss of loved ones. The sudden death of our dear Chaplin Cook at the Fort, the fatal shooting and death of my best friend's cousin, the more expected but ever painful death of my nephews other grandfather. Also, one of the most loving ladies at my church, her sister recently passed away and their family is still feeling the raw pain of her absence.
I just wanted to share with you something that gave me comfort. This is from my journal entry dated May 22, 2009, when my father in law was being taken away from us by a very aggressive form of cancer. Dave and Jonathan had gone to Murfreesboro for the last big family gathering before Bob's passing. I was in the middle of reading Isaiah and I came upon Isaiah 65:17-25. You should definately read the whole thing, but here is some of it: "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind, But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more. Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; he who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere youth, he who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed." Vs 17-20. "They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord, they and their descendants with them. Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food." Vs 23-25 When Bob passed away I just kept remembering "the sound of weeping and crying will be heard in it no more. Never again will there bein it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years."
To those who are going to funerals this weekend, please remember this. To those who are still grieving, please remember. Death is not the end for us. God remains in control. Hold fast to your faith. Keep the faith, as Grandpa Gibson used to say. In your moments of grief, say God is good, God loves me. I am his child. The faith that saves us is the same faith that will help us pass this test. It may falther, it may quaver and that's ok because true, genuine faith in our Lord and Savior, WILL get us through this. (Thanks for the sermon Pastor Chris)
I love you all and I hope reading this helps you as much as I was helped by processing through and typing it out.
His love endures forever.




3 comments:
thanks for the update. Still praying with and for all of you and your family.
SO so sorry for your loss. Hugs.
Praying for you and your family!
And I love your new header - especially the cute little kid in the center. :)
Post a Comment