Sunday, May 13, 2012

derby weekend

I got to stay with my kiddos last weekend while their parents went up to the KY Derby!  I picked them up from school on Thursday and stayed an hour and a half after their parents got home Sunday evening.  :)  I wish wish wish I could get a picture of Mr. Happy when I pick him up from school.  His aftercare teachers always comment on how they love it when I pick him up because of his reaction.  No matter where he is or whether he knows I'm coming or not, he yells my name when he sees me and comes running full speed towards me, huge grin on his face and eyes lit up and jumps into my arms and squeezes me tight.  :)  Then after we walk to his classroom to get all his stuff, and head to walk to the car, he usually grabs hold of my hand and makes a comment something to the effect of "I can't even believe it! I can't believe you're here!!"  :}  

So since Thursday was a school night, we had a low key evening at home.  The kids swam in the pool for a good while before dinner and I stuck my toe in to feel the usual early May freezingness that is usually the pool.  However to my surprise, with the warm weather we've been having lately, the water actually felt really good!  Standing with my feet on the first steps in the pool with the rest of me roasting in the sun, I started to regret not bringing a swim suit....and I ended up totally shocking my kids and jumping in clothes and all! lol  




After that was dinner and then just a little bit of chill time with one show on TV with my baby snuggled next to me on one side and my girlies on the other. 

That night I woke up in the middle of the night to Mr. Happy crawling in bed to snuggle next to me again.  :}

Friday after school, since I hadn't gotten to see Little Miss Sunshine on her birthday back at the very end of March, I told her she could pick pretty much any store and we would go so she could pick out her own present.  She thought this was pretty cool and chose Hobby Lobby and chose a large sketch pad, a book about how to draw many different things, and a set of colored pencils.  Perfect.  :)

After dinner Friday night I told the kids to get shoes on and climb in the car because I had a surprise for them.

We drove to the familiar playground across the street and got to meet up with our little friend Lulu!  It had been so long since we had seen her!  She is getting big and is talking so very well!  (and yesterday, Saturday, was her and her mommy's birthdays!  Happy birthday y'all!!)


Saturday we slept in and ate lunch at one of our favorite places - the Tomato Head downtown.   


Then we came home and tried out these t-shirt ideas from Martha Stewart that a friend and I had seen on her show recently.  They were super easy to make and even Mr. Happy could do his all by himself and they can be so colorful and happy!  :)  


Then it was time to send mommy and daddy a quick pic just to say hi.  They're so silly.  :)

That evening we got to go over to Cake Leah's house and have a cookout with all our old friends!  That was so much fun!

Madison thought Mr. Happy was pretty awesome!  She was stuck on a blanket on the grass outside and would fuss just a little bit if she felt ignored for too long, but Mr. Happy made sure to stay close by for a good long time and talk to her and keep her company.  :) 


This is our friend Aiden...and his s'more!  lol  Those marshmallows can get a bit sticky!! 


Finally it was time to say goodbye.  This is LM Giggles with little Leah. 


Hugs all around.  :) 


So sweet.  :)


Sunday we went to church of course.  I love getting to take my kids to church...and they would love to go every week!  I had ALWAYS told them that any Sunday they want to go and mommy and daddy say ok, I will come get them myself and take them!  Maybe someday....

After church we went with a few of my friends to eat lunch.  I knew the kids would finish eating before I would, so since I just happen to have two itouches plus an iphone...I had one per child...perfect!  LM Giggles had my phone at one point...thus this pick of LMS! lol


Back at home we all got in the pool for a good long time.

Sometimes Mr. Happy has to take a break and warm up for a bit and discuss life with me.  :)  I love hearing his thoughts on whatever topic he decides to bring up.  This weekend it was restaurants and what would be the best and worst jobs about working at one.  




Then it was back inside to dry off.
 We played around in the living room for a while and LMS worked hard on a drawing from her new book.  She is a great little artist and works very intently putting everything into her drawings!  She doesn't know this but she gave me the drawing she's working on in this picture and I have another one at home that I am going to eventually actually frame and hang on the walls of whatever place I live at next.  :)

I grew sadder and sadder as the afternoon went on because who knows when I will see my kiddos again.  :-p  If I could choose, I would see them one day a week at least for this summer anyways!  

I love you guys and I will see you as soon as possible!!!  :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails