Sunday, August 19, 2012

kathryn kamp, first week

So how am I supposed to share about my two weeks of camp when I have 754 pictures to choose from?!  Lol!  I will try to narrow them down and not bore you to pieces.  :}  Here is a glimpse at my first week.

During the day this first week I had 5 year old Lucas, 4 year old Gilliam, and 1 year old Sophie.  On Tuesday, my sweet friend Rebekah came and brought her troop to join us for the day like she has for the past few years.  I love getting the chance to see her and her kiddos and was SO excited to welcome Isaac for his first k.kamp experience!  We did several fun activities while they were here - mostly from Pinterest thankyouverymuch.  :D


Hey moms out there - ever feel like this picture describes most of your waking moments??  lol  :)

Sophia was asleep during most of our activities that day but I made sure she got a chance to try out the shaving cream fun later.  She thought it was great and only tried to taste a tiny bit once and quickly learned that it is only good for squishing...not for eating.  :)

Lucas was gone for the day Wednesday so it was just Gilliam and Sophia so we pulled out my baby pool and played for probably two hours in it.  :)




Sohpia loved Gilliam and would pat his head when she stood up.  :)  He liked to make her laugh.


Thursday we always have a special treat of some sort for working hard to earn pompoms for following the rules, being helpful, etc. This year I made "dirt cake".  The picture in the middle above is their "we're about to eat DIRT??" look.  :)  But really they thought it was pretty great.  :)

I usually have k.kamp tshirts although this year we did bandanas like this instead, but I decided Sophie needed her very own first k.kamp onesie (right David?).  :)

This year's first week went well.  The two boys got along really well and Sophia was one of the easiest one year olds ever.  She only had one issue...

She was TERRIFIED of dogs. i mean completely and totally 1000% scream-bloody-murder-stiff-body-wide-eyed-cling-on-to-me-and-bury-her-face-against-me TERRIFIED.  And that was when Calvin (who is a pretty small dog) was out on the back deck looking in the glass door through the office and into the living room!  So we worked hard on just sitting with me and talking about the dog and how nice he was and how he was far away outside. :)  Eventually she got to be ok with him being outside and would say "hi dog!".  Then we moved him inside and started over. lol :)  By the end of the week this picture above is how she reacted when Calvin would walk up to her.  She was still a little nervous but about 1000% better than the beginning of the week!  :)  Way to go brave girl!  ;)

(if you haven't seen enough of her cute little self, click the picture above to see the mini photo session of her on my photography blog. :)

1 comments:

jewelataylor said...

So did David know about the onesie or did he accidentally try to ruin it cause I left that conversation thinking, "that would be so great if she had one, especially since I didnt make her a onesie this year." and then SURPRISE :) she did!!!

what a great post, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails