Monday, August 27, 2012

kathryn kamp, week two

The second week of camp is usually much busier than the first week.  And I usually have 8 big girls to count on to help me out with the littles but this year I only had three!  We managed but I was missing one of my big girls in particular!  Here's a glimpse into our week this year...

Water bottles come standard with k.kamp.  They just do.  With the hot weather outside I like to know my kids are staying hydrated.  

This week, each day had a theme with one big activity planned by me...my three big girls had to come up with activities that were part of the same theme and led up to the big activity.  The first day was a photo shoot, so the girls did all the makeup, manicures, and clothes everyone was going to wear and I helped out with some of the hair.  Then we trekked down to the spring area for the shoot.

We may or may not have had 12 people in my little car... but hey, this is camp in the country...it's just what we do!  lol

Calli, Kailey, and Alaina

This is Karis.  She completely cracks us up because she has the best facial expressions EVER. Ha! And she took her modeling very seriously.  :}

Lydbug

Abby 

Emily 

Claire

This is Kendall.  She was my youngest this week and was an absolute doll.  :)  She got homesick several times but you couldn't blame her...2 is really little to be away from mommy all week!  :\  Thankfully she adored Calli and would usually calm down and stop crying when Calli would pick her up and whisk her off to play somewhere.  :)


Kendall, Kirsten, and Emily
It was almost Kendall's naptime, thus the lack of smileage in these pics...  :}


I gave each of the three big girls one day where they were responsible for cooking both lunch and dinner.  We had those who weren't cooking vote on it.  They were all judged in three categories:  taste, presentation, creativity, and overall.  

This is Kirsten's lunch - hot dog octopus, green noodles, gold fish, and applesauce.  This meal got pretty high marks!  However, in the end, chef Emily smoked her competition and won!  :)

Wednesday we had "cupcake wars" and each team made and iced and/or decorated their cupcakes.  But somehow I have no pictures of that!!  I have some video...no pics...sadness.  :-p

Thursday was water day.  Kirsten did a great job of entertaining the littles in the morning and even got them to wash my car for me!  After lunch and since all the boys were on a canoe trip, we headed down to "big camp"  to borrow their field and a couple of other things.

Abby led the games down here.  The big red water slide looked fun and they all loved it!


Next we did something never before done in the history of K. Kamp!  We went to the lake to let everyone swim!!  I have never taken them before because I always felt like I had too many kiddos to keep an eye on safely, but since I had big girls and half the kids live there and swim there all the time anyways, I decided this year was the perfect time. :) Especially since I timed it just right and Kendall got to go up to the house with her aunt and mommy for naptime while we were swimming.


This is one of those camp things I would have been annoyed do have to do...but I am not the one who has to do them now lol and they had fun for a while.  :}

That is just a very small glimpse into our week.  I am never ready to leave by the end and the countdown has already started for next year!  :}

Can't wait!



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails