Thursday, October 9, 2008

trip to the zoo

Tuesdays are my most…um…quiet days of the week. The girls have homeschool classes that day so it’s just the baby and me. Since we don’t go anywhere very often, I tend to get a little bored with just one kiddo to watch after! This past Tuesday though, we got to get out and go to the zoo, just the two of us! It was so much fun to be out with just my baby and he loved seeing all the animals. I let him out of the stroller most of the time and just let him run and wander his way around. I think he enjoyed all the leaves on the ground, the patch of painted pumpkins, and the signs and recycling bins along the paths that made great sounds when you bang on them, the most! :) I took my camera but forgot it in the car and decided not to go back out and get it once we were there which turned out just as well since my memory card was back here at home in my computer! At least I had my cell phone with me so I did get a couple pictures while we were there.



This was inside the new frog exhibit. There were all kinds of frogs and bugs and the biggest centipede/millipede/something along that line thing I had ever seen! Eww! Most of the time in this building was spent answering my baby's many "Wha's 'at??" questions. :)



It's a "lurlle"!! I love the way he says turtle. :) He loves turtles and points them out whenever he sees a picture of one, so he looved being able to see one this close up - and even sit on it! :)


The weather was so perfect for being out! I LOVE fall and it was fun to be out and see animals from God's creation that we don't see every day. :)

1 comments:

Our family said...

i miss that zoo! ours here is pretty good but not as good as yours. for some reason, he looks so big and old in these pictures! sounds like a really fun day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails