I have decided to try some fun lunch ideas on Mondays, since last week's pita pizzas went so well. So here is another idea from one of Shannon's books....the kind that makes you go, "Well, DUH! why didn't I think of that?!" :)
I should have taken a close-up, but I forgot. Oops. I made Pasta Roni - the (sea)shell noodles with white cheddar cheese - and then stirred in a can of peas and carrots. The hotdogs I simply sliced about 3/4 of the way up into 8 legs. I had found regular goldfish at the store and just as I was picking it up, I saw a new kind (same brand) right next to it that has goldfish AND starfish! Add two dots of mustard for the eyes and you have a seafood lunch of seashells, goldfish, starfish, and an octopus! :) The girls thought it was entirely fabulous. The baby.....
...was a little weirded out by the octopus sitting on top of his food at first! Then I showed him how fun it was to pull the legs off and eat them. He thought it was great after that! :)
1 comments:
Oh, I love it! That book sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment