Tuesday, January 6, 2009

pita pizzas

For Christmas, my best friend, Shannon, gave me an awesome book filled with all the neat, fun, and easy craft ideas from the Family Fun magazines. I couldn't wait to try out an idea and there were so many to choose from! However, "peanut butter and jellyfish" sandwhiches are my oldest's all-time favorite so I chose to do PB&J pita pizzas for lunch yesterday.

We spread peanut butter and then jelly on top of a pita for the "sauce". Then we added bananas, raisins, and pretzel sticks. The recipe also said you could use small apple chunks or dried cranberries or peanuts, but these ingredients were what we had on hand. The girls LOVED this lunch and it was easy and fun to make. Thanks, Shannon, for the book!! I know we'll be using it a lot!! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails