Both my girls have been excited about April Fool's Day coming. Yesterday my middle child told me, "Kiki, daddy says I should do a prank on you. But I don't want to do that to you! That's mean! I don't want to be mean!" :) So we discussed "funny" pranks that are not mean - like, "Kiki, there's a spider on your head!!.....April Fools!!" Then she was excited again. And today I had quite a few spiders on my head! :) But my kids were also in for their own surprises...mostly yummy ones....
First came breakfast. Just cereal as usual...until we pored the milk in the bowl. All of a sudden there were exclamations of "Hey! My milk turned blue!" "Aa! Mine's pink! What color is yours?!"
One of my favorite places to find fun, simple craft or food ideas is www.familyfun.com and this is where I found this fun idea. Before adding dry cereal to the bowl, just add a couple drops of food color. Add cereal and milk and listen to the surprised comments! :) My kids thought it must be magic cereal until I explained the April Fools trick. Then they thought I was pretty tricky!
Conveniently, they then thought I was done with tricks for the day. Little did they know I had just begun!
This was today's lunch. Looks like a pretty good lunch, right? Fish sticks and ketchup, mashed potatoes with gravy and butter, and peas and carrots.
WHAT?! All is not as it seems!! The fish sticks are actually single sections of Kit Kat bars covered in peanut butter and rolled in graham cracker crumbs with seedless strawberry jam for ketchup. The mashed potatoes are really vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and a yellow Starburst candy on top. The peas are green Sixlets candies and the carrots are cut up orange Starbursts!
Nope!! It's Jell-O!! :)
Now for any moms worrying that I actually just let them eat this for lunch, don't worry, good, healthy, "real" food was eaten also! :)
Then it was on to the "things" I told them I had found in my house.... :}
Eww! Rats!!! Licorice and Marshmallow flavored. We all decided they didn't taste very good - but they were funny to hold and look at! My baby especially thought they were pretty cool.
Next, it was time to prepare "dinner" for Mommy and Daddy. It was similar to lunch, just using a slight twist.
Cupcakes! One of our favorite things to bake together! :) Here we have corn on the cob with butter, salt (although you can't see it in this pic) and pepper, and the items from lunch - peas and carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy, and fish sticks! Mommy thought they looked pretty cool. :)
Today was a fun April Fool's day with yummy "pranks" - the best kind! :)




1 comments:
you are seriously THE MOST creative person I know! love the ideas. you are so the best nanny on the planet:)
Post a Comment