My kids and I are usually at the house all day every day so when we get the chance to get out, we take it! This past week we went to a playground that I used to play on when I was growing up. Somehow it has shrunk a little bit now that I'm a grownup...! :)
The playground is set in a huge field of grass - which means lots and lots of room for my kids to run and run and play and wear themselves out! :) It is in a quiet neighborhood and is so peaceful and relaxing.
Then we tried out the slide. Shannon and Jonathan met us at the playground too! I love having another adult to talk to - makes me feel not quite so isolated and lonely. I know all of you stay-at-home/homeschooling moms understand that feeling. While I fully realize I am not actually a stay-at-home mom, I am with three small children all day, every day and while I love them and love being with them oh-so-very much, it's nice to get to talk to someone over three feet tall! :)
After swinging we took some balls and a bat in the field to run off even more energy. While the girls were using the baseball bat, Jonathan found this random piece of purple plastic tubing and announced that it was his bat! He hit the big ball several times with it too.




1 comments:
you are making us a tiny bit homesick! we have such sweet memories of our big kids playing there when they were little!
Cassie
Post a Comment