Thursday afternoon was sort of rainy and we couldn't play outside so I suggested that we pull out the playdough. That idea was met with great enthusiasm...until we pulled out the box of playdough toys and realized we were completely out of playdough! Oops. So I started looking around to see if we had the ingredients to make playdough...and we didn't. Rats. So then I grabbed the only things I could think of...another idea my mom used to do with me when I was little...
an apple and a potato.
Cut the apple in half sideways and it makes a star. Cut the potato in half and carve a face in one half...and a heart in the other.
This little guy has had a bad cough all week. He was coughing so much this day that he hardly ate any lunch in between coughs. So after his nap as we started this activity, he was coughing less and was VERY hungry...so I let him have part of the apple. :)
My kids decided to try painting on the paint with a brush but you can also just dip the stamps in the paint.
After making stars with one half of the apple, I trimmed the other half to make a bigger, funky star (the red paint in this pic). This was a very quick, easy project to set up and occupied my girls for a good while! My baby doesn't have quite as long of an attention span and was soon ready to move on to other toys, which was fine. :)




2 comments:
Anyone who can pull this out of their hat at a moment's notice is my HERO! I might could have thought about the idea after researching the internet, and then planning it in....
thanks heather! the only reason i could pull it out of my hat is due to the fact that it was somewhere in the recesses of my brain since my mom did this with daniel and me when we were little... :)
Post a Comment