Saturday, January 16, 2010

root'n'est toot'n'est cowboy in the wild, wild west!

Yeah. Not at all sure if that's how those words should be spelled...! Oh well. :-p

Today was my baby's birthday. I suppose I should come up with better names for my kids since he really isn't a baby anymore. But he's my baby. So I'll call him that for a while longer while I can get away with it!

He is in to Toy Story right now...well, he's in to lots of things...but Toy Story tends to come up at some point during the day most days right now. :) One day last week is became a necessity all of a sudden to be a cowboy. Right then. He had little gun holsters but we couldn't find the belt...so I tied them on with string. He could only find one of his little guns...so he put his play cell phone in the other holster. At first he said, "But Kiki, cowboys don't have cell phones!" I told him that cowboys these days do! Then he needed a hat...which we happened to have upstairs. Anyways, all that gave me an idea of what to get for his "birthday outfit"...so I found pj's for the shirt...and cool boots...and so today we had...




Our very own Woody! :) I know this one is a bit fuzzy. I don't care. :) He took his cowboy-ing very seriously.
(And Woody actually does have his jeans inside his boots...)
**Lauren and Rebekah...for some reason his face in this picture reminds me of Meg's little girl, Annie. :)


But we decided jeans outside was easier. Here is he pretending to shoot a gun. Funny, we never bothered to find his holsters today...there was a picture of one on his shirt and that was enough. :)



Practicing a good, solid, "YeeeeHaaaww!!!"



Then it was time to make cupcakes!



And icing. They thought the beater was fabulous.




Big sis helping little bro. :)

When I asked him earlier this week what kind of cupcakes he wanted to make, he thought for just a minute and said he wanted pigs! Ha! Then, so all his birthday cupcakes wouldn't be just completely pink, I used Toy Story as inspiration and we had...



Pigs and Aliens! The pigs looked more "piggish" in person...in this pic they kind of look like bears... oh well. I should have taken a pic of the inside of the alien. In the movie, their clothes are blue...and so is the actual cake part of these cupcakes. :)



I hope you had a great third birthday, buddy! I love you so much and miss you when I'm not with you. You are so much fun and are learning so many things all the time! I wish I had been there to tuck you in bed and give you a goodnight kiss tonight.

YYYHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!YYY

2 comments:

Our family said...

SO CUTE!!! You are right, he does look a little bit like Annie in that pic:) Happy Birthday big 3 year old!!!
rebekah

dad said...

There are two pictures I like - Yee - Haw, with the hat in motion but everything else sharp - that must have been a rare catch to get both motion and still together!

Pigs & Aliens - Do you remember Chester the Worldly Pig? I don't think he was pink.
Love,
Dad

Related Posts with Thumbnails