Thursday, January 7, 2010

pondering snow

My baby is so different from his sisters. (I know...duh...) :) But specifically, ever since he was tiny, he has liked to think things through. You could see it on his face when he would be in his swing, staring up at the little yellow ducks on the mobile above his head...





...or the day he was a little over a year and stood at the window for minutes just watching the rain...

This particular day, I finally couldn't stand it anymore and stripped him down to his diaper and let him out on the porch to explore for just a couple minutes. He loved getting the hands-on experience and kept "telling" me all about it. :)

He will be three very soon (sniff, sniff!!) and he still tends to ponder on things sometimes.

Like today and the snow.

He's only been in the snow once or twice and I'm sure he doesn't remember it at all. He stood still just taking it all in for a minute or two and then said,



"Kiki, the snow is veery cooold!!"




Then he pondered some more.



I encouraged him to try picking some snow up.

Aren't his mittens Too Cute?? :)



Then he just stood and watched his sisters for a minute or two.



Here, I am sure he is thinking his sisters are crazy...running around throwing snow at eachother! :)




She is so much like me in so many ways...for one thing, she LOOOVES the snow! So do I. She could have stayed out for MUCH longer...and I could have too if I'd been dressed more warmly.



This would have been my pic of the day...but then I wouldn't have had a pic of just her on this post.



This was just after getting hit in the face with a spray of snow from his oldest sister. He wasn't upset and did laugh a little bit... I guess he was planning his next move because...


He then asked, "Kiki, will you help me make a snowball?? I can't do it!" It's true. It's hard to make a snowball when you're wearing mittens...and you haven't ever had any practice. :)


Pleased with his success of hitting his sister back with a snowball! :)



Yup, the whole throwing snowballs is pretty great!



"YEAAA!!! SNOOOWWW!!!!"



Conclusion: snow is "snow" much fun!

Oh come on, you know I had to! Lol :)


3 comments:

Dad said...

Are you going to teach them to make angels? Do you have a really thick spot of snow for that?

Janet Wise said...

Love the photos, KiKi! I think the last one of Jack is nice, he looks like he's feeling a sense of accomplishment. The gloves are adorable!

Heather said...

Great photos, you don't need a class.

Related Posts with Thumbnails