Friday, January 15, 2010

crazy noodles and "peanut butter-dillas"

We've had some interesting lunches this week. I found these crazy noodles at World Market the other day and we HAD to try them! :)



First, we of course had to explore each and every one. (Yes, all noodles guaranteed to have been touched by a child's hand! But they were boiled...so it's ok, right??) They loved discussing the textures, colors, and shapes of each one. My baby said they smelled funny. Have you ever smelled a dry noodle? They kinda do smell funny! :)



My favorite is the little flowery one. Notice how the bowties are yellow and pink...



When we cooked them, the bowties turned to yellow and orange! We just tossed these with a tiny bit of butter and added some diced tomatoes on top...one of my kids favorite ways to eat pasta. :)


Yesterday, we had another hands-on lunch.


I did this at K.Kamp this past summer and all my kiddos loved it. I decided to try it with my kids. Here are the ingredients that I had at each person's spot:
~ one organic whole wheat tortilla
~ almond butter
(have you ever tried that?? SO. GOOD. similar to peanut butter, of course.)
~ strawberry jelly
~ pretzel pieces
~apple chunks
~ craizins
~ mini marshmallows...just for fun :)




Then I called my little chefs to the table to put whatever they wanted on their tortilla.






She's such a goofball! :D



Next, we folded over the tortilla, cut it with a pizza cutter (easiest way to cut tortillas!)...



And I got three thumbs up from my kiddos! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails