Monday, September 13, 2010

last vacation pics, i promise! :)

It has taken me quite a while to get all these photos edited and uploaded on here...and these are the last set. Sorry if you're bored with this topic! :}
These are from Tuesday when we went and explored Anthropologie and the story behind them is that all three of us - Rebekah, Lauren, and I - have several blogs in common that we love to read. More than one of them are photographers. On several occasions we have made the comment, "WHERE do they find those colorful backgrounds?!" The pictures will be taken in front of a brightly colored wall on the outside of some store or some other location that makes the most incredibly cool picture and we wonder how they just always seem to find these cool spots over and over again! For some examples, check out this blog post from Bobbi & Mike, a couple who are an a.m.a.z.i.n.g. photography team (ok, so I think that would be SUCH a cool job to do together!). The link I am sending you to is their list of top 100 engagement pictures from 2009. All of the photos are worth checking out, but these give examples of the color I'm talking about (as well as a couple i just really like!):
#94 ~ yellow
#91 ~ teal
#90 ~ green
#66 ~ pinkish purple
#52 ~ ok, so I just love this one. that's all. :}
#49 ~ seriously?! how did they get the sparkle on the heal of the shoe?!
#36 ~ red and blue
#35 ~ yellow and green
#16 ~ ha. abby, remind you of anything?? your uncle would appreciate this one...! ;)
#13 ~ how did they do that???
#1 - where did they find a pile of only yellow leaves??

See what I mean?? Where do they find all those?? Anyways, we were walking along outside after wandering through Anthropologie and Rebekah says, "Hey...there's a blue wall!" I looked and sure enough! There it was! Just like in all the cool pictures we love! So OF COURSE we had to stop and take a few pics against it! They are soooo nooooot the level and quality of Bobbi & Mike or the photographers on the other blogs we read...but they were fun to take and I'm a little sad that wall is 3 hours away from me! I would definitely use it again if it was closer...I already have more ideas for it!








Anyone who can tell me where the perfect colored wall is within a 30 minute radius of where I live can have a free photo session with me...the very not-professional-but-it-sure-is-a-lot-of-fun photographer! Lol!


1 comments:

Our family said...

Yay for happy, colorful walls!!! These turned out great!! I have loved all your pictures and totally plan on stealing them at some point when I have the time to do it. You are a GREAT photographer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails