Sunday, September 5, 2010

vacation monday

Monday morning Lauren and I headed down towards Rebekah's house where we got to see her girls and meet her sweet mother-in-law before the three of them left together for the day. A little while later, Rebekah, Caleb, Lauren, and I headed to downtown Franklin to explore for a few hours.

On the way we stopped at Rooster Tails...a way cute store filled with all kinds of creative possibilities! (Rebekah, remind me to tell you about the widow frame idea I saw the other day!! You might have to bring me one.... :)
I liked the $5 charge for whining sign...and I loved the creation station sign! If I had an entire craft room...it would definitely be on the wall!


Lauren loved this room. The records on the ceiling were pretty cool.


Once in Franklin, we walked around for a while and Rebekah took us to a cute and yummy (such a good combination! lol) little restaurant that I have just now forgotten the name of. Oops.


We walked around lots of fun shops. These were just two of the cute things we saw. Half the items we loved we decided that between the two of us, we could probably make most of them! But not this pink car. It was too too cute!! And that sign is very true! lol


Then it was time to try out Sweet CeCe's...a frozen yogurt shop where you choose your flavor of yogurt and then add your own toppings. It was very yummy!
While we were sitting there chatting, a mom came up to us and said she just had to ask if Caleb was adopted. She told us she and her husband have three children and are on the waiting list for two children from Ethiopia! I immediately asked if she had a blog...seems like so many adopting parents have blogs - it's just such a great way to keep family and friends updated on each step. She does have a blog...and you should definitely go check them out! :) Her name is Sarah and her three kiddos are adorable and I am enjoying getting to know her through her blog. :) (Hi, Sarah!)


After thoroughly exploring downtown Franklin, we headed back to Rebekah's house to wait for her husband, Nathaniel to get home. Lauren did schoolwork while Rebekah and I gave her blog a makeover. And of course we played with this happy little guy. :)

That evening we went to pick up the girls at Nathaniel's parents' house and had the best home cooked southern meal - chicken and dumplings, fried squash, bread, beans, home made chocolate oreo ice cream and brownies! Soooo delicious!! Nathaniel's parents were so sweet to let us join their Monday night dinner and I said the next time I go see Rebekah, I'm going to make sure it includes a Monday! :)

1 comments:

Our family said...

your pictures are awesome!!!! i miss having y'all here:(

Related Posts with Thumbnails