Monday, September 6, 2010

vacation tuesday

Tuesday morning, after showing Rebekah and kids around our hotel and stopping by Joann's for something I'm sure you'll see in a couple months on my photo of the day blog... ;), we made reservations at a special place for lunch. We had a little extra time on our hands so we stopped to play for a few minutes at a playground.



It was such a pretty day! :)



Mommy played with Olivia. Anna Walton explored on her own for a little bit. I, of course, took pictures. And Lauren hung out with Caleb.



So. Adorable.

Then it was time to head to our special place for lunch.

This is Homestead Manor. The downstairs has been turned into a tea room. It is beautiful inside and is the perfect place for a girly lunch. We told the girls we were going to have a REAL tea party.


They were a little bit excited...!


The three "big girls" (Rebekah, Lauren, and I) could have had a very "tea party lunch" and had chicken salad...but we opted for comfort food instead at Rebekah's (very excellent) recommendation. You can see the picture above on the right. It was called the Hot Brown and consisted of bread on the bottom topped with ham, turkey, a crazy good cheese sauce, melted cheddar cheese, and two strips of bacon on top!! Soo not healthy...and soooooooo very yummy!!!! If you ever happen to go there...I know all three of us highly recommend it!


We weren't quite sure what we wanted to do next (I love spontaneous, mostly unplanned vacations!) until Rebekah mentioned the store Anthropologie. We were sold. That store is just SO COOL!! And although it has some very not-so-cool prices, it is still a lot of fun just to walk around and window shop. However, Rebekah has a rehearsal dinner to go to soon and needed a cute dress. I walked around with Caleb for a little bit and found one I just knew she needed to see...so I went to find her...and found her holding up the very same dress for me to see!! Great minds.... :} So she tried a few things on...

Olivia helped... :)

And we hung out in the very cool waiting area!


Rebekah...wonder if they got that table with the red candle on it from Rooster Tails?? lol

Do you like that yellow couch?? It could be yours for ONLY $6,000!!!


We finished our outing for the day at one of my favorite rare-treat places - the Cheesecake Factory! Lauren had never been before. The little girls had ice cream sundaes and loved every bite. Lauren and I had the Godiva chocolate cheesecake...mmmmmm. Talk about a chocolate fix!

Ok, one more day left to write about. Although I have two more posts from this trip. I skipped a few pictures from this day because they need their own post. But they'll have to wait till the end. :)

2 comments:

Our family said...

AHHHHH! I LOVE your photos! Is it okay if I copy some of them onto my blog if I give you credit? You are a seriously good photographer:) I miss you!
love,
rebekah

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!! I totally agree with Rebekah...wonderful photos!!
Cassie

Related Posts with Thumbnails