This past Sunday, Michael and I drove up to Pigeon Forge to meet my college roommate, Jodi, and her husband...also a Michael...who were there to get away for a weekend for Jodi's birthday. We all went to college together and when the two Michael's are around, the rest of us call Jodi's husband by his last name...Landry.

We ate at Calhoun's...yum...walked around just talking for a while, then when the guys got bored, decided to play mini golf.

This is Jodi, who also has a cute baby bump (like Shannon! :) and is due with a little girl in just a few short weeks! Jodi and I roomed together our Jr and Sr years of college...many fun memories! :)

Aww. :) When we first arrived (oh man, I wish I had had my camera out at that moment!), the two Michael's bear hugged and we realized they hadn't seen each other since Jodi and Landry's wedding - 6 years ago! I wish they lived closer to us! (Ok, so they "only" live three hours away now instead of the nine or so that it used to be...but still...)
Yes, this would be Michael talking on his phone while golfing. Amazingly, he made this hole in two strokes. :}
As we were leaving the mini golf place, we asked Michael to take a picture of Jodi and me.
There was a fire truck out front and Jodi told him to be sure to get "the whole fire truck!"
:-p
But we did get an actual picture in the end... :)
Jodi, it was so good to see you and Landry! The whole evening was so much fun and went by way too quickly. (Even the Marble Slab with no flavors, few toppings, and slow service that stayed open too late....! lol) Maybe eventually we'll get out to see y'all in your new house! You know...after that sweet baby gets here....! :)







3 comments:
We had a blast! It was so much fun hanging out with you guys! (Although Michael and I did figure out that he had seen you and Michael at Nora's baby shower in Portland 4 years ago, so it hasn't been quite as long as we thought - still a really long time though.) I love the picture of the two Michaels with the bear. It reminds me of chorale tours - ah memories. :)
You need to e-mail me the picture of the Michaels and the picture of us.
Calhoun's...ahhh. Hope you ate some Spinach Maria for me. I really miss that place :). Looks like ya'll had fun :).
Cassie
Post a Comment