June means hot and getting hotter so we spent a lot of time playing with water in any and every way! In my opinion, it is not worth being outside when it's that hot unless you are wet! :)
June also brings Big Brother's birthday! He is now officially two years old!
He used to (actually still does sometimes) carry around a roll of contact paper and would pretend it was his guitar...so I decided he needed his very own real guitar (never mind the fact that technically it's a ukulele...).
Playing in the pool...lots of book reading...and red velvet pancakes for breakfast because Kiki had them at IHOP one day and had to try to make them...soo yummy!
Thank you Pinterest! This simple "duh!" idea was a huge hit and I even used it later at camp! Take a pan and pour baking soda over the bottom. Color some vinegar and use a dropper (we used a spoon since big brother couldn't quite figure out how to use the dropper yet) and pour little bits of vinegar on the baking soda! It of course makes wonderful little colorful fizzy spots and watching the colors mix together is way fun! Then of course you have to put your hand in it at the end and mix it all up! Warning: it will turn your hand pink...doesn't look like it, but it will! But only for a few hours. :)
This is one of my favorite kid activities - peanut butter playdough!! It is ridiculously easy to make and tastes like peanut butter fudge - seriously! :) Click here for the post that has the recipe in it.
Random fun times. :)
More pool time!!
This is our June sensory box. So far, this one is my absolute favorite! I love love the feeling of those water beads!! I think I would love to fill an entire shallow pool with them and just wade around in them! lol They are so cool and slippery. This month we have little ocean animals and boats to play with. So fun!
And before I left for camp, I decided I needed some "real" pics of the boys to show off...


















0 comments:
Post a Comment