Being a nanny is one of the most dangerous jobs ever. Why? Because you can't help but fall in love with the children in your care...but then there is always an eventual goodbye to a nanny job and you risk having your heart broken when you are no longer with your kids every week anymore (especially when you know the future goodbye could have an ocean separating you, not just a city!). :-p But it is by far worth the time spent and memories made...just a little rough at times. :}
I miss my three kids every single day and pray for them often by name. After about a month of not seeing them, my heart starts aching. After 6 weeks, I usually start tearing up when I think about or pray for them. After three months?! I get desperate! :-p
Three months is the longest we have ever been apart and I refuse to let that happen again! This past week I was dying to see them and happened to be driving by their neighborhood on Wednesday and decided to stop by to see if they were by any chance at home. They of course weren't, so I wrote a note on their glass door with window crayons letting them know I stopped by and that I loved them.
That evening I got a phone call from their dad saying Mr. Happy wanted to talk to me and was that ok? (um, ya think?!) My MH got on the phone hiccup-crying and said "kiki...i thought i might never see you again!!" He then chatted with me for half an hour about all kinds of little boy stuff. :) It was then that I decided I had had enough. I knew from talking to him and his sisters that night that they were going to day camp that week at their school. I knew about what time their mom usually picks them up and decided I was going to get there 20 or so minutes before that and just sit there with them until she came!
Thursday morning I put a fbook status telling about the above phone call and how much I wanted to see my kids and I had five or six people say they were praying I would get to see them.
That afternoon I was sitting in my friend's living room catching up after being gone for a few weeks when I got a text from my kids mom saying "hey, I know this is really last minute but would you want to pick the kids up from day camp and take them out to eat?" I answered back "HECK YES!!!" She called me real quick and mentioned "I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but it just popped into my head just now to see if you wanted to do that."
Hahaha! Wendy, it's not a coincidence that thought popped into your head - God gave you that thought - as a result of my prayers and the prayers of my sweet friends who knew how badly I wanted to see my kids! :)
I love picking him up! This isn't his first reaction - he had seen me but had to go get his backpack. The first moment he did see me and it registered who I was, his mouth dropped open before a huge grin spread across his sweet face. :) More about that later.
FINALLY!!!
Talking to him on the phone was great and I loved hearing his voice, but there is nothing like feeling his cheek against mine and having his arms wrapped around my neck! :)
(Big Brother wraps his arms around my neck sometimes too...I love little boys!)
My sweet and silly girlies!! They were too far away when I picked them up to get a picture of when they first saw me. They were looking for mommy's red car and then thought maybe my car was their daddy's because we have similar looking cars. It wasn't until I got out and called their names that I heard Little Miss Sunshine squeal "KIKI!!!" and both girls ran as fast as they could across the field where they were playing. :)
We went to Red Robins for dinner - one of our favorite special treat places. :) Then we headed downtown to the fountains at the World's Fair Park. Another one of our favorite spots.
Another one of my happy spots...just chillin' with my kids. :)
I love this pic because his little chubby cheek gives him just a little hint of baby look still, even though he's a big 5 year old. :)
Bridal shoot at the fountains! She was wearing cowboy boots under her dress and it looked so cute! :)
Two kids in my lap! :) Little Miss Giggles was busy drawing funny pictures for us.
Goofy boy. :)
She's my sweetheart. :) And is getting to be so grown up.
(stop that LMS!!) :)
She cracks me up! And that makes her happy - to make other people laugh. :)
Ok so this isn't the actual moment I picked him up from day camp but I've said before that I would love to try to get a picture of his reaction and this is the same reaction i get when he sees that it's me - huge grin, yells "KIKI!!!!!!", runs full force and jumps into my arms (which is getting trickier since he's not as little as he used to be! lol). This is him practicing his "kiki run" as he called it. :} ♥
I just realized yesterday that he left his lunch box and LMS left her notebook in my car...that means I will have to get them back to them soon....oh darn! :D
















0 comments:
Post a Comment