Wednesday, July 30, 2008

edible playdough

It has been soo hot lately that we haven't really gotten to go outside all that much so today I decided we needed a new activity. I have an awesome book filled with really simple games and activities for children and pulled it out to find the edible playdough recipe. It was a definite hit! It seriously tastes like peanut butter fudge! I made it at Kathryn Kamp this summer and I made it the first summer I had my girls, but they were so little then that they didn't remember that it was edible and played for a long time before I finally told them to taste it. On the other hand, it took the baby about 2 minutes to stick it in his mouth! :) Here are a few pics from the experience.

My baby is very in to saying "cheeeeeeeese!!" when we take his picture these days! :) He loved the experience of getting to squish the playdough between his fingers...as well as the taste! :)


My oldest. Ever the firstborn, this is how her area of the counter looked pretty much the entire time they were playing.


Aaaand my middle child! :) Her area was even worse than this by the end! :}
Here's the recipe if you want the playdough experience....or if you just want to eat some peanut butter "fudge"! :)
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powedered sugar
1 (12oz) can vanilla frosting
Mix ingredients together in a bowl and knead until it becomes the right consistency. (Sometimes I add a bit more powdered sugar to help thicken it a bit.)



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails