All three of my kiddos have had a case of walking pneumonia this week so they have felt horrible and looked the part too, thus, no pictures have been taken. I did however remember that I wanted to take a picture of a couple pairs of their shoes, so I figured that would be a good choice for this post.
I got these two pairs of shoes for the girls a while back and after I got home I began thinking more about them and realized that each shoe is a pretty good picture of its owners' personality.These shoes above are my oldests'. The majority of the time she is like the pastel colors in these shoes - sweet, calm, quiet, content, cheerful, happy to share with her siblings, and loves to help Kiki around the house. But then, just like the shiny silver streaks in these shoes, she also can have a burst of personality from time to time - whether it's frustration at one of her younger siblings that lands her in a rare timeout or, as is more often the case, her very joyful laughter. She is definitely the first born child. She likes things to be neat and orderly, thrives on a routine and likes to know what is coming next in the day and likes it even more when she can accurately predict what is coming next. She rarely irritates me and when she does happen to I usually realize it is some part of my own personality that I need to work on myself.
These shoes belong to my middle child. She has a very bold and passionate personality! :) She feels her emotions very strongly and isn't afraid to make sure everyone knows! When she is happy, she is usually bouncy and bubbly and giggly and her eyes are bright and sparkly. When she is angry, you can see it flash in her eyes. When she is sad, as Anne of Green Gables said, she is usually in "the depths of despair." :) She likes to test her limits and see how much she can get away with...which isn't much when Kiki is around. So for her, the routine of sitting on the "naughty steps" is a very familiar one, though becoming a bit less frequent lately, thankfully. She can definitely be sweet and kind and loves to give hugs and kisses and for the most part plays very well with her older sister and baby brother. She could care less about having things neat and orderly and I can just see the bedroom she shares with her sister in about 10 years having a line down the middle with one side spotless and one side...decidely not! :)




2 comments:
You are still the writer, my former student. Keep it coming! Your charges are beautiful and I love the affection that shines on their faces and throughout this blog!
Props to you!
Loved this post! It will be so good to have these memories for them to look back on someday:)
Post a Comment