I recently got hit on by Elmer Fudd. You know...this guy:
Yup. That was him. Except his clothes were camo. And he'd left his gun in his beat up truck. I'm assuming. But the rest of it was him to a T.
I was in Hobby Lobby and had walked by him in one of the main aisles as I was looking for something in particular and thought nothing of it...just another customer in HL. Then about ten minutes later, as I was staring intently at something in one of the scrapbook aisles (I honestly cannot remember what I was looking at!), Elmer marched down the same aisle. He came straight up to me and at first I thought maybe he was going to ask if I knew where something was. Here is how our brief conversation went:
EF: fjilailmsafklnaurhfauljsilsa?
(seriously could not understand a single word he said!!!)
me: um. what?
EF: wigjilvmilsamsfilsnklnvckhgirhgsl?
me: um. what??
EF: jifldjaislvnilnfiglafmdlmacm single girls?
me: um. no?
(still 100% thoroughly confused...but starting to get the drift...)
EF: salijavmdialsiielalkmdklfnina you a single girl?
me: um. no!
(like i was going to admit that to him!!)
EF: aidflinvirnaielmksldflirhial have a cell phone?
me: um. no!
(also wasn't about to admit that i had a cell phone with me!)
EF: sjiljaifjlghidlalmiasli well, can I have your number or no?
me: um. NO!!!
EF: oh. ok. sorry.
And he walked away...
leaving me standing there going "what the HECK just happened here?!" and cracking up because it was just so bizarre!! Now, I was raised in the south...in an area that has plenty of TN accents to be heard around me...and usually I can understand even the thickest of accents with no problem...but Elmer Fudd here...oh my goodness! I do not know what his deal was...but he needs some serious lessons on how to speak clearly!! lol
But anyways, apparently I'm moving up in the world. I have only ever been hit on a couple times...and only ever in Wal Mart...buy guys who were waaay too old for me! This time it was in Hobbly Lobby...by a guy who was probably within 5 years of my age.
Maybe at this rate I'll get hit on by a Matthew McConaughey look-alike in the Orangery restaurant someday!! lol





1 comments:
Been shopping at Sears lately??? ;)
~JingerSnap
Post a Comment